Teamviewer is such an application which is widely used for so many purposes such as file sharing, desktop sharing, web conferencing, remote access, online meeting etc. The software is totally free for personal use. Also, it’s great for providing tech supports remotely to friend and family. If you need to use it for non-personal or business purpose, you have to purchase a license. It supports Android, Microsoft Windows, Linux, Mac operating systems. But, the installation process is a little bit different for the different operating system. Here is a guide on how to install Teamviewer on Ubuntu.
How to Install TeamViewer on Ubuntu
There are many ways to install TeamViewer software on Ubuntu. But, I will show you one way. Because it is more than enough for a successful installation.
Downloading TeamViewer installer
- Get TeamViewer DEB version for Ubuntu from TeamViewer official site – //www.teamviewer.com/download/linux/. Download the 64-bit package for your system.
- When you click on download link, the web browser will prompt to save the software. Automatically, it saved in the download folder of your computer in most of the cases. If you show the path to save, after downloading it will be saved on the shown folder.
- After the completed downloading process, go to the download folder or your shown path. You can see x.yyyy_amd64.deb file and open the file with a double click which opens the Ubuntu software. Also, it allows installing TeamViewer software.
- Right click on the Install button to start the installation process.
- You will get an Authenticate dialog box to enter your password. So, type a correct administrative password and click on the Authenticate button to complete the installation process.
- Teamviewer will be installed in your Ubuntu system. Check the status of your Ubuntu software center, it changes to install.
- Teamviewer is ready to use in your Ubuntu system. The software can start from the menu.
Teamviewer is safe and secure software. You can work without worry about TeamViewer safety. It keeps your all data and information privet and secure. Also, it is one of the most popular ways of meeting and remote access. So, follow the above instruction on how to install TeamViewer on Ubuntu system and install it. Enjoy the software for easy, fast, safe and secure uses and remote access.